Ambulance Section Industry Assistant
We are seeking an Industry Assistant to join our Ambulance Section.
The Industry Assistant provides personal assistance to the General Secretary of the Ambulance Employees Australia Victoria (AEA-V) and provides general support and assistance the Ambulance section of United Voice and their members.
United Voice Victoria is powerful member-led union bringing workers together across Australia to have a strong voice at work and in the community. We act on the commitment that a growing union with strong member participation in cutting-edge campaigns can change workers’ lives.
- We are a leading Australian union committed to innovation, growth and cutting edge campaigns
- Use your skills to support our Ambulance members to stand up and win respect
- Advance your career in an organisation with a commitment to changing workers’ lives.
- You have secretarial and or office admin experience.
- You are an organised outgoing person who enjoys talking to people and getting things done.
- You will have an understanding of the role of Unions and their commitment to social justice and be supportive of this.
- The provision of personal assistance to the General Secretary of the AEA-V and the Ambulance section including diary, travel and event management
- Administrative support for the bi-monthly AEAV State Council Meetings including the preparation of notices, bulletins and correspondence to delegates; meeting attendance, meeting paper preparation and minute taking
- Liaise with all levels of stakeholders including members, United Voice and the National Contact Centre regarding membership queries and information updates
- Member contact regarding industry related issues
- Generation of reports from membership systems for analysis and communication with members
- Previous experience in the provision of personal assistance at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, set priorities and work to timelines
- Proven ability to take initiative and have a common sense approach to resolving issues
- Computer literacy and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- An interest in social justice, community empowerment and unionism.
- Experience with membership systems and Nation builder desirable
- Understanding of enterprise agreements and awards desirable
United Voice provides competitive pay and working conditions; a salary range of $63,140 - $64,910 commensurate with experience. The position also attracts 12% superannuation, and 25% leave loading.
Send your application addressing the core requirements outlined in this job advertisement, along with your current CV, to Steve McGhie, General Secretary–United Voice Victoria (AEA-V) at email@example.com, with the subject line “Industry Assistant-Ambulance Section”.
Applications for the position close cob Monday 21st May 2018.Back to Work with us