We are seeking an Industrial Officer to join our Ambulance Section.
The Industrial Officer’s main focus is to grow union power by resolving collective disputes onsite with members and union leaders, assist members who have individual issues, and when necessary use industrial tools to enforce members’ rights and entitlements.
ABOUT UNITED VOICE
United Voice Victoria is a powerful member-led union driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
- We are a leading Australian union committed to innovation, growth and cutting edge campaigns
- Use your skills to support our Ambulance members to stand up and win respect
- Advance your career in an organisation with a commitment to changing workers’ lives
- Great location near the Queen Victoria markets
- Six week’s annual leave and 12% superannuation
- Passionate and driven to improve workers’ lives and help build the union movement
- Dynamic and multi-skilled with a capacity to work independently
- Have high level communication skills and a solid knowledge and understanding of the Australian Industrial Relations environment
- Build union power through the resolution of collective issues in our key industries and work places
- Providing advice to Union members and resolving individual issues
- Visit work sites and work with union leaders and members to resolve issues
- Active participation and contribution to team meetings
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping and reporting
- Meet targets set in conjunction with the General and Assistant Secretary
- Maintain a high standard of correspondence, submissions, procedures and advocacy with employers, courts and tribunals
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience in one of the following: union, community, social justice, student or other activist, campaigns, volunteer work or a relevant social sciences, industrial relations, law or related degree
- Demonstrated ability in managing expectations around dispute resolution
- Demonstrated ability in using legislation, awards and agreements to enforce member’s rights and entitlements
- Has experience with advocacy
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to track, analyse and report
United Voice provides competitive pay and working conditions; a salary range of $92.9k to $101.8k commensurate with experience, inclusive of a motor vehicle allowance. The position also attracts 12% superannuation, 6 weeks annual leave, and 25% leave loading.
Send your application addressing the key selection criteria, along with a cover letter to Danny Hill, General Secretary-AEA-V by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Industrial Officer-Ambulance Section”.
Completed applications must be received by Friday, 9th November 2018.Back to Work with us