The National Office IT Desktop Support (ITDS) is responsible for the support and maintenance of desktop hardware and software and desktop support.
The primary function of the ITDS is to provide effective support services to United Voice National Office and small branch staff.
The key duties of the position are:
User and System Support
- Logging support calls in the Service Desk software and tracking them through to completion.
- Providing telephone and desktop support to National Office and small branch staff.
- Provisioning and configuring new desktops systems, printers, telephones and related end-user equipment.
- Providing proactive assistance and advice to end-users to enable them to work more efficiently with their computer systems
- Provide support and troubleshooting of hardware and software issues in the National Office and small branches.
- Provisioning new user accounts, software and related hardware when required.
- Provide support to IT in other branches as required.
The skills required for this position are:
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems in a WAN user support environment.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to assist in creating effective IT procedures and documentation.
- Ability to set priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A commitment to United Voice values – fairness, compassion, equity and the dignity of workers.
- Desktop Support
- Windows workstation applications
- Printer setup
- Exchange 2007/2010
- Active Directory
- Sophos endpoint protection
2 to 3 years desktop support experience.
A tertiary level qualification is desirable for this position.
United Voice is a union of workers organising to win better jobs, stronger communities, and a fairer society. We are passionate about organising to win and changing workers’ lives, and we’re committed to diversity and equity. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
When applying please ensure you include:
1 Cover Letter
3 Additional document explaining what experience and knowledge you have against each point under the Selection Criteria.
Completed applications to be sent to email@example.com
Salary range dependent on experience $66,403 - $70,427 pro rata
Closing Date 27 February 2019
Back to Work with us