Member Contact Officers talk to United Voice members in person and on the phone about improving their jobs and making change in their working lives.
United Voice Victoria is powerful member-led union bringing workers together across Australia to have a strong voice at work and in the community. We act on the commitment that a growing union with strong member participation in cutting-edge campaigns can change workers’ lives.
- We are a leading Australian union committed to innovation, growth and cutting edge campaigns
- Use your skills to support some of Australia’s most undervalued workers to stand up and win respect
- Advance your career in an organisation with a commitment to changing workers’ lives.
- You are an energetic outgoing person who enjoys talking to people from different backgrounds
- You’ll have a strong commitment to social justice
- You may be looking to develop a career in the union movement or community sector
- Working to improve the lives of people from diverse backgrounds.
The Member Contact Officer answers member enquiries by:
- Answering calls from union members and assisting with their workplace issues
- Provides advice about pay rates and workplace rights to our members using manuals and documents such as awards and agreements to provide this advice
- Completing records detailing the advice you provided to members
The Member Contact Officer makes outbound calls to members to:
- Conducts issue surveys, turn members out for union meetings, training and campaign actions and provides campaign updates to members
- Deliver a systematic message to members about the plan for their industry
- Join or retain members to the Union.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- An ability to effectively communicate with & influence a diverse group of members;
- Computer literacy and attention to detail
- Experience in one of the following: unions, community service, social justice, student or other activist campaigns, volunteer work, call centre; OR a relevant social sciences, industrial relations or related degree.
- Passion, commitment to social justice, community empowerment and unionism.
We are looking to fill full time and part time positions.
$55,085 salary per annum (pro-rata) plus 12% superannuation, 6 weeks annual leave, 25% leave loading.
Send the completed application pro-forma attached to this job advertisement, along with your current CV, to Andrew Morrison, Member Engagement Manager at email@example.com, with the subject line “Member Contact Officer”.
Application for the position closes Friday 1st June 2018.Back to Work with us