Overview of position
The role of the National Membership Operations Manager is to manage the performance and operations of the membership team who deliver end to end transactional administration of membership dues in United Voice.
The National Membership Operations Manager will manage the team work flow and priorities, accountability measures, quality assurance audits and internal reporting in a cost effective and efficient way. They will build a strong and efficient team with a culture of attention to detail and high quality service delivery.
The National membership team provide a shared business environment for the Branches of United Voice. This business environment aims to continuously enhance service, compliance and productivity.
The primary goals for the national membership team include:
- Integrate people, processes, and technology to provide an agreed level of service to the Branches;
- Create a professional and collaborative environment where teamwork is encouraged between the Branches and the national membership team to further United Voice’s vision and goals;
- Create an organisational structure that balances strategic and operational efforts and that promotes efficiencies;
- Take a member-focussed approach to member interactions;
- Ensure consistent application of procedures and processes to ensure high quality service provision and data quality;
- Implement strong reporting back to stakeholders; and
- Reduce unnecessary costs.
The duties of this position are:
- Delivery of a high quality and professional service to all members and Branches of United Voice in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Supervise the delivery of end to end membership transactional administration activities.
- Build a team culture of attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Build strong systems of accountability, quality control and compliance.
- Manage the national membership team to ensure they meet their objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance levels within the team with a view to identifying ways of improving performance levels.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with the Branch Executives and Branch staff with a focus on delivering on service expectations.
- Monitor and develop policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery.
- Plan resource needs and manage workload distribution, allocation of tasks and monitor service levels.
- Ensure workflow processes are actioned in a timely and consistent manner.
- Monitor the membership database system to ensure quality of data and take steps to enhance where possible.
- Monitor escalation of queries to improve service and support.
- Develop, plan and deliver team induction and ongoing training.
- Deal effectively with member complaints and service related issues, liaising with Branch staff where appropriate.
- Provide advice on system and process design to enhance service delivery and support best practice innovation.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
The skills required for this position are:
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans;
- Experience in leading and managing high performing teams;
- Experience in working in a shared services environment;
- Experience of training and developing team members;
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and maintaining accountabilities and high quality compliance,
- Excellent knowledge of database systems and capacity to maintain them;
- Good verbal and written communication and liaison skills, including the ability to formulate effective database policies and procedures;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- A commitment to the United Voice’s values
Delegations of authority
When applying please ensure you include
- Cover letter
- Additional document addressing the selection criteria
Completed applications to be sent to: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26 July 2018Back to Work with us