Senior Digital Campaigner
United Voice is a leader in digital organising, campaigning and storytelling. We have launched game-changing digital tools like RateMyBoss.org.au and scored big wins against companies like Grill’d and Chin Chin.
In this job you will be working across several United Voice campaigns. In hospo, we’re building a new movement to fight wage theft and sexual harassment. In early childhood our members are running an enormous, historic campaign for equal pay. And across United Voice we are organising workers to change the rules, so we can fight inequality and win jobs you can count on.
About United Voice
United Voice Victoria is a powerful member-led union driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
- A senior role in one of Australia's largest and most dynamic unions that is pioneering new ways to organise workers online;
- Helping some of Australia’s most undervalued workers stand up and win respect;
- Working alongside some of Australia’s best organisers in a union that pioneered organising in Australia;
- Opportunity to help build and be part of creative and hard-hitting campaigns that change lives;
- Six week’s annual leave and 12% superannuation.
- A digital native – you’re across all digital platforms and you know what works and what’s going to be the next big thing;
- Passionate about organising workers. You hate losing and will do whatever it takes to help our members win;
- At your best working in a fast-paced team environment;
- You move swiftly to seize opportunities and identify trends and apply them to our campaigns.
- Grow union membership, build activism; develop and manage worker and supporter journeys through email and other online actions;
- Monitor media and social media to identify and develop campaign opportunities;
- Create tools for leaders to have conversations in workplaces and online about acting collectively to win;
- Manage websites, social media pages and groups and campaign specific digital assets, design digital advertising campaigns;
- Produce cut-through campaign collateral for online and print that moves people to action, briefing designers and creating it in house;
- Copy writing for email, social media, websites and digital advertising;
- Scripting, filming and editing campaign videos that tell worker stories, explain issues and amplify wins;
- Analyse online data, continually experiment and test to fine-tune our digital strategies, tactics and tools;
- Work with industry teams to develop, plan and execute comprehensive campaign strategies;
- Build and manage relationships with workers, activists and supporters;
- Other duties as required.
Communications and Campaigns Director
Key Selection Criteria
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, ability to write for and relate to a diverse range of audiences.
- Passionate about organising workers and winning social change, and a strong interest of politics and current affairs.
- Excellent understanding of principles and practice of online organising, adept at using social media, petitions/other online actions and email to build lists, develop leaders and move people to action.
- Must have a deep understanding of key platforms (NationBuilder, Facebook), can manage and interpret campaign data and understand new and emerging digital tools and trends.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising tools, strategies and platforms. Familiarity with best practice in crowd-funding tools and strategies would be an additional plus.
- Experience telling powerful stories through video, memes, GIFs and other digital assets.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve and take responsibility for generating and managing work plans and deliver on agreed targets. Can work under pressure, on multiple projects and respond rapidly to campaign opportunities as they arise.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
United Voice provides competitive pay and working conditions; a salary range of $90,699 - $103,880, inclusive of motor vehicle allowance. The position also attracts 12% superannuation, 6 weeks annual leave, and 25% leave loading and salary continuance insurance.
Addressing the core requirements in this job advertisement, outline why you would like to work with United Voice in this position and how your skills and qualifications make you the ideal candidate.
Please also include your CV and a covering letter and send your full application to email@example.com addressed to Tim Petterson, Comms and Campaigns Director, with the Subject heading “Senior Digital Campaigner”.
Closing Date Completed applications must be received by Friday 18th May 2018.Back to Work with us